Following a rigorous pre-qualification and tender selection process Keystone has been awarded a contract by Swindon Borough Council to support development at Wichelstowe, a large urban extension in Swindon (details at www.wichelstowe.co.uk) and provide ecological services on other sites throughout the borough over the next 4 years.
Our tender submission was the highest scoring in terms of delivering sustainable and cost effective solutions for design, maintaining and monitoring the site, and minimising delays and associated costs in support of construction.
Our proposal demonstrated significant potential cost savings, legal and policy compliance, no net loss of biodiversity value, reduced material usage on site and reduced mechanical grassland management with its associated fuel usage.
Since being awarded the contract Keystone has been proactive in delivering its commitments:
- Providing ecology input into continuing Reserved Matters Applications
- Obtaining and implementing a licence to relocate a main Badger sett
- Planning a Water Vole translocation mitigation strategy
- Updating the ecological baseline through site wide Dormouse, Great Crested Newt, Reptile and preliminary Bat surveys
- Preparing an EPS licence application for Great Crested Newt